Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Whinnies of a pony girl

I'm sorry I've been to absorbed by me being a pony, I haven't got to post here since...

But yes, finally the wish I made when winning that greedy game is coming true, as I am a restricted poygirl now. For some weeks already. And for some weeks to come too...

Arka is doing a great job training me, the clumsy pony. Oh, she says I mustn't say that, as it's mainly caused by my RL hardware (aka computer) not very suited to run SL in a performant way. But as my (SL) performance is determined by my RL hardware and the person behind the keyboard - which I don't know, of course - I am a (SL) clumsy avatar.
Anyway, this post is not meant for whining about those things..


So... here's us. I bet you can guess which one is me, and which one is Arka. Never seen a pony with glasses before? Well, I still need them to see. My world is very blurry without them. Arka sometimes removes them to let me pull my cart - also on the picture - without them. Of course that makes me miss a turn sometimes, as I can only vaguely see what's ahead, left alone estimating distances correctly!

For those concerned: I am wearing a KDC bridle and bit, with blinkers so my peripheral vision is rather limited, and my speech is hard to understand. Not that I am supposed to speak a lot, of course. Ponies make pony noises, and stomp with their hooves.
My ears are also covered, deafening me almost completely. I wrote my own "pony hearing" script especially for that. It has a very limited list of (French) dressage commands, and only sentences containing at least one of these words, or my pony name, reach my ears, but not before getting muffled a bit. So if you are careful, you can do a lot of backtalking about me while standing next to me, without me getting a clue you are even talking! So don't be surprised I'm not reacting to chat a lot. Be careful with emotes though, as ponies like me can very well se them!
The rest of my outfit is mainly MD: the boots, the hoof mittens, the tail and the suit. I had everything updated from a waaaay too old version before we started, so I had to learn walking in those boots again. And the mittens of course efficiently prevent me from touching anything. It wouldn't be the same without that!

You could read in my previous posts the desired goal of my pony training is pulling a cart blindfolded, so now more and more, Arka not only takes off my (MoDesign) glasses, she also blindfolds me. Of course then I don't see at all, and I have to concentrate fully on the commands she gives through my reins (made by Marine Kelley, just like my cart). I am sure this is hard for my beloved trainer also, as she has to steer me very carefully, anticipating my reaction times and sometimes also lag. She must be really afraid sometimes, sitting on a cart pulled by a blind clumsy pony. And yes, we have ended in a ditch sometimes...

But it's fun, and I think we're making progress as a pony carting team.

Marine's carts have their own steering scripts, which are way better than the (free) vehicle script - or something based on it - you find in most carts, and vehicles in general, in SL. It's not perfect though, especially on slopes it's hard to work with. On our home island, which is never really flat, it's a disaster to keep the cart in one place. So we do the cart training at FFF mostly.

For the dressage part of my training on the other hand, Mistress and Jenny created a training ground on our island, where we can train in private, and the family can visit and watch when they want. The earmuffs then really help me concentrate.
The dressage is not the best side of this clumsy pony, and not making the desired progress is frustrating sometimes, but my trainer is patient and knows by now I'll never be a dressage champion...

As it fits a pony, after the training I am put in my stall to rest. Actually, it's Dana's stall, as Mistress didn't find the time to overpaint the name. But that's no problem, as ponies are not supposed to read, are they? Especially not when blindfolded, as my eyes are being covered when stalled now. I try to use my senses of smell and (muffled) hearing to tell if someone passes by, and to know whom it might be. Argi is the one spoiling me with carrots and apples and cuddles when she passes by, I can recognise her sweet exotic perfume easily. ^^

I wish to express my thankful whinnies to Mistress and the family for letting me live this adventure, and especially to my trainer Arka for spending all this time training me. And her lover Nirvana too for patiently waiting and watching us..

-=Whinnies=-

No comments: