Wow, I just bounced on an old ehm... -how do you call it?- fellow patient from Paine Asylum. In those days, we had great fun together, as we were by far the worst lunatics in the asylum. So, we had a very interesting conversation:
[2010/11/07 12:59] Danii Szydlowska: hey Violet, long time no see!
[2010/11/07 13:00] Vylet Twine: Hiya! *huggles* Yep, it certainly is! What a teeny tiny world it is...
[2010/11/07 13:00] Danii Szydlowska: how are you?
[2010/11/07 13:00] Vylet Twine: Splendiferous, you?
-- Instant message logging enabled --
[13:04] Vylet Twine: Welcome to your back!
[13:05] Danii Szydlowska: my laptop battery is senile, sorry
[13:05] Vylet Twine: I think they make medicine for that now.
[13:06] Vylet Twine: But if you're not insured, I recommend hittin' it with a blunt object. It seems to solve most problems...
[13:06] Danii Szydlowska: I was thinking of a medicine called hammer too
[13:06] Vylet Twine: Stop! Hammer time.
[13:06] Danii Szydlowska: you look pretty... tight
[13:07] Vylet Twine: I feel pretty... tight! So that's a good sign... it does what it says on the label! Like haemorrhoid cream. Or salt.
[13:08] Vylet Twine: Wow, it sure is jumpin' here tonight! This shop seems to be quite the hangout for bizarrely dressed folk...
[13:08] Danii Szydlowska: it is
[13:08] Danii Szydlowska: have you seen my alter ego stumbling around?
[13:09] Danii Szydlowska: and at PA they wouldn't believe I have multiple personality!
[13:09] Vylet Twine: You mean the other girlie in yellow, Pike? Yeah, I saw her briefly, jus' before the senility kicked in.
[13:09] Danii Szydlowska: ah.. here I am!
[13:09] Vylet Twine: That's... seriously creepy! How... why... who???
[13:10] Vylet Twine: It's the attack of the clones! Oh sweet merciful mallards... if she has a kiwi accent, I quit.
[13:10] Danii Szydlowska: kiwi accident?
[13:11] Vylet Twine glances sheepishly from side to side. "Errrr... the fella they cloned all the other clones from had a New Zealand accent. So... that means all stormtroopers are kiwis."
[13:11] Danii Szydlowska: oh....
[13:11] Vylet Twine: Aaaaand I have officially jus' broken the awkwardly-geek-o-meter. *blushes apologetically*
[13:12] Danii Szydlowska tries to remember how a kiwi accent sounds
[13:13] Vylet Twine: Sorta like an australian with a debilitatin' head injury.
[13:13] Danii Szydlowska: nahhh... never heard Pike shriek like those strange birds
[13:14] Vylet Twine breathes a sigh of relief. "Still... maybe better gag your doppleganger, jus' in case? She seems like the shriekin' type."
[13:14] Danii Szydlowska: always better a kiwi than a squirrel!
[13:14] Danii Szydlowska: she seems just like me, as she is my clone
[13:15] Vylet Twine chews on the inside of her hood. "Dangit! Why didn't you tell me sooner? We need a ball gag 'n a tube of super-glue, stat!"
[13:15] Danii Szydlowska: ehr.... what for?
[13:16] Vylet Twine rolls her eyes Valley girl style. "Well, *duh*! To prevent any risk of kiwi-like shriekin'. Can't take no chances, y'know."
[13:17] Danii Szydlowska: I don't have a kiwi accent..
[13:17] Vylet Twine squirms in the armbinder. "Dangit, what a time to be without arms... so many jaws to glue shut, so little circulation in my lower arms!"
[13:17] Vylet Twine: And don't change the subject!
[13:17] Danii Szydlowska: Pike or me, it's the same subject
[13:17] Danii Szydlowska: only I don't fall that much
[13:18] Vylet Twine: So she ain't a perfect copy? Is she, like, a copy of a copy, 'n all retardant 'n stuff?
[13:18] Vylet Twine: Is that why she keeps walkin' around in circles, an' fallin' over a lot?
[13:19] Danii Szydlowska: not completely lossless, like in the good old days of music tapes
[13:19] Danii Szydlowska: or too strong jpeg compression
[13:20] Danii Szydlowska: only with jpeg she would be walking in squares
[13:20] Vylet Twine watches Pike stagger around in jaggedy circles. "I think her tape may have got chewed up in the machine."
[13:20] Danii Szydlowska nods
[13:21] Vylet Twine: So, um, how did you wind up with a less-than-perfectly-lossless debatably-kiwi clone?
[13:21] Danii Szydlowska: time to harvest my spare organs
[13:21] Vylet Twine: Bring out the bathtub of ice and the scalpel clowns!
[13:21] Danii Szydlowska: oh... that one's easy.... SL is filled with islands, y'know..
[13:22] Vylet Twine: Errrr... uh-huh?
[13:22] Danii Szydlowska: well I know I don't look like Scarlett Johansson..
[13:23] Vylet Twine: But I for one do not hold it against you.
[13:23] Danii Szydlowska: but still... it's so easy to win a trip to The Island
[13:24] Vylet Twine feels a desperate urge to scratch her head. "The Island? Which island? You said there were lots of 'em. Havin' a place called The Island in a whole bucket-load of islands sounds elitist to me."
[13:24] Danii Szydlowska: uh-uh
[13:25] Vylet Twine: I mean, if it's The Island, then what about all the other islands? They'll have identity crises?
[13:25] Danii Szydlowska: that's the problem... I dunno which island!
[13:25] Danii Szydlowska: they might be island-clones
[13:25] Vylet Twine: Well, dangit... where are we gonna hire a cartographer at this time of night?
[13:26] Danii Szydlowska: mmmmm, dunno
[13:26] Danii Szydlowska: can you read maps anyway?
[13:26] Vylet Twine: But if they're clones, how do we know which one is The original Island? Will it be the one that's not walkin' around in jaggedy circles 'n fallin' over a lot?
[13:27] Vylet Twine: Well, sorta. I know that the squiggly blue lines aren't good for drivin' down.
[13:28] Vylet Twine: But the numbers confuse me. Why do they have to use difficult-to-dismember numbers for all the roads? It'd make them far more personable if they were given proper names, like Alice and Susan and Gertrude and Custard;.
[13:28] Danii Szydlowska: if the Island is moving round in circles, we're Lost...
[13:28] Vylet Twine: Dun dun DUN!!!
[13:28] Danii Szydlowska: mmmmmm, could ask Kate about it... where is she?
[13:29] Vylet Twine: Errrr... I think she's a turnpike in New Jersey?
[13:29] Danii Szydlowska: is that an island?
[13:29] Danii Szydlowska: like New Zealand?
[13:30] Vylet Twine: Ermmm... if it's an island, it's part of a bloody big one.
[13:30] Vylet Twine: New Jersey, I mean. Not New Zealand. Though I get them mixed up a lot too.
Sorry if not all is clear to you, dear reader...
-xXx-
No comments:
Post a Comment